Game Scene: Progress 6

Game Scene Progress 6:

I have made some more progress on my gun. This week I really just got to focus on some texturing since I had taken care of UVing and Color IDing everything earlier it went pretty smoothly. I really enjoyed texturing the gun piece by piece because it really started to come to life during that time. 


As I said last week I wasn't completely happy with the resolution on everything when I laid it out. However, after doing the texturing process it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. A lot of the pieces that are lower resolution are smaller so it doesn't matter too much. 

One of the things that I changed on the high poly was that I changed the material of the trigger section which I thought added some nice variation to the gun. So I will probably go back and change that on my low poly as well. 


Something that made this process even smoother was I made smart materials and smart masks out of my low poly gun textures. This helped quite a bit because it gave me a base to work off of for my high poly. It also ensured that the textures between the low poly and the high poly are very similar. 


When I got done texturing everything I decided to do some renders within Substance Painter to really show off the gun and because I'm going to submit this for the Excellence in Computer Graphics Awards this year. 

I'm pretty pleased with how the gun turned out!

Comments

Popular Posts