Game Scene: Final

Game Scene Presentation:



Game Scene Final:

So we have finally finished the Game Scene! It was a lot of fun and everything is finally in! So in total all of the models are:

  • A car
  • Mailbox
  • Trash Receptacle
  • Barrels
  • Gun High and Low LODS
  • 2 one-story buildings
  • 10 various props

Here are Steven's models:

Stevens Car
Stevens Mailbox, Trash Receptacle, and Barrels

Here are the models that I completed:
My Gun Low Poly

My Gun High Poly
Here are Zachs Models in Sketchfab:

Now that you guys have seen all of the completed models, I would like to talk about the process it took to get here. I had set out a schedule for myself to follow and my teammates did the same for themselves. Each week we made continuous progress on our models.

All of our models were created within Maya and were then taken into Substance Painter 2 to be baked and textured.

Personally I also created ColorIDs to make the texturing process a little bit easier.


Wireframes of my models

My job was to create the high and low LOD of the gun. I put a lot of work into the gun and it turned out pretty good in my opinion. One of the issues that I faced was making sure everything fit within my UV space but with enough time I got all the components into the correct space.

Some of the pieces on my gun were not quite as high resolution as I would like but I realized that they didn't need that much resolution due to how small they were. So they didn't need to have an incredible amount of detail just enough to get the point across.

Low Poly Maps
High Poly Maps

One other thing that I quickly learned was that creating assets in a team is completely different than working on a project personally. When it came down to turning everything in I realized we had to coordinate well with each other to get everything in the scene.

I was the one who imported everything into the scene so I had to coordinate with Steven and Zach to get their maps, models, etc. 

Here are some screenshots of our scene in Unity:




I decided to take on the task of decorating and bringing all of the pieces together in Unity. This was actually a fairly in depth process. 

I used the terrain editor to give the scene its foundation using mostly dirt and broken road as the ground textures. I actually took the textures into Substance Designer, so I could get the Normal, Albedo, and Roughness maps out of the image. 

I went ahead and added some dead trees and foliage to really emphasize the Fallout atmosphere. I also added in a sky box to add further immersion.

Lastly I added in a dust particle effect, some audio of wind in the background, and a wind zone to make the scene feel more alive. I felt that all of this really brought our scene together and added some life to it. 

Here is a video walkthrough of our scene: 



I really enjoyed working on this project and definitely enjoyed learning how to coordinate and work with my team well. Hope you guys enjoyed seeing the final product!

Comments

Popular Posts