Game Scene: Progress 4

Game Scene Progress 4:

I am continuing to make progress on my game scene. This week I decided to make some progress on texturing on my low poly Level of Detail model. 

Low Poly LOD Color ID

So before I took the model into substance I made sure to make a color ID for the model. I did this because it can make the texturing process easier and faster. It did help quite a bit as I was texturing, I didn't have to worry too much about painting onto things I didn't want to. 

Texture Map of the Low Poly LOD

The texturing process hasn't been too bad thus far. However, I don't know if I'm completely satisfied with the gun yet. An issue that I have run into during this process is that I feel the metal handle area may blend into each other too much and it makes it hard to see all of the details within the handle. I may not worry about it too much considering it will only be seen from far away distances. 

With that being said I'm pretty pleased with the low poly texture of the gun so far. I think I might go back and add some wood to the handle and foregrip to add some nice texture variety and to further accentuate those pieces. I also feel that if I add the wood in it will make it feel more like a shotgun.

New Decal Added to High Poly LOD

During this time I also added another decal to my high poly Level of Detail model. After adding this piece I am very close to the poly count limit. However, I'm really pleased with how my high poly has turned out thus far and I think this final piece really brings the whole thing together.

Low Poly LOD Currently

In this next upcoming week I plan on touching up the low poly model a bit, UVing my high poly fully, and start the texturing process for the high poly. I've been enjoying the process of making this gun so far and look forward to working on it more this week. 

Comments

Popular Posts