Game Scene: Progress 3

Game Scene Progress 3:

So I have made some progress on my game scene project. This week I kept pretty close to my plan and worked on UVing my low poly model as well as trying to get most of my high poly model done.


The UVing process for my low poly actually took longer than I anticipated. The UVing wasn't too hard except for a few pieces being troublesome. But there were a lot of pieces that needed to be UVed so that took a good amount of time. 


One of the biggest things that took a lot of my time during this was trying to get all of the components of the low poly to fit in my 0 to 1 UV space nicely but eventually I got everything in. One of the reasons I UVed my low poly before moving onto my high poly gun, was that I was going to use my low poly as a base for my new high poly. So in anticipation of that I made sure to do that first, that way hopefully I don't have to Re-UV too much of my high poly.


As I mentioned earlier I also started working on my high poly. I almost have it pretty much done. I added a ton of different little decals to the high poly as well as changed the physical geometry of some of the different pieces. Constructing all of the pieces took quite a bit of time but I think it was worth it. All of the decals give the gun a lot of personality.

However my tri-count filled up quick as well. Fallout tends to due a lot of beveling on nearly all of their pieces to give it a worn down look, which ate up my tri-count fairly quickly. Currently I'm at 9,300 tris for my high poly, but I can definitely go through and clean some stuff up to lower the tri count a bit. 


In this next week I plan on UVing the high poly model of the gun and hopefully I can move on to texturing. I definitely feel like taking this into Substance and texturing it is really going to bring the gun to life and give it a lot of personality. I'm pretty pleased with my progress this week and look forward to working on it further.

Comments

Popular Posts