Game Scene: Progress 2

Game Scene Progress 2:

In this last week I decided to work on my lower poly model for my gun. Initially I thought I was going to make my high poly gun first, but then I realized when I started modeling that it would probably be best to work on my lower poly first. I did this because it will provide a good base for my high poly and so I can make my high poly really look good. 


This is my low poly that I made. Modeling the low poly was actually more challenging than I anticipated and took me a fair amount of time. The handle section was a challenge to work on but eventually I got the hang of it and used the difference tool to make the holes in the stock of the gun. There isn't too much detail on this model because I wanted it to remain fairly low poly and it is only going to be viewed at far away distances.


I may touch a few things up on it but for the most part it is pretty much done. Right now my tri-count for this model is at 2,964 tris. This is pretty good considering my cap is 10,000 tris for the high poly. 


In the next upcoming week I plan on working on my high poly model for the gun. I think this is where the gun is really going to shine. I'll get to add in a lot of nice detail and depth into the gun. I suspect this will take me a decent chunk of time but I think it will be well worth it. I can't wait to see how the high poly turns out!

Comments

Popular Posts