Game Scene: Progress 1

Game Scene Progress 1:

In this new assignment we were given the task to create a game scene with two other group members. The games we were given to choose from were, Heroes of the Storm, Fallout 4, and Ghost Recon Wildlands. My group and I decided to Fallout 4. The asset list that we were given is: 
  • A vehicle
  • A gun with two level of detail models (high and low)
  • Buildings (2 single story or 1 two story)
  • 1 trash receptacle, 1 mailbox, 2 barrels
  • 10 unique props
  • Terrain textures (cracked concrete, brick, dead foliage, rocks)
My group and I split the work up. So I will be making the gun and the terrain textures. Steven will be making the vehicle, trash receptacle, mailbox and barrels. Lastly Zach will be making the buildings and the props. 

I then gathered reference material for my section of the project. First I gathered reference for the gun as you can see below:


I decided that I want to make a laser rifle because they are pretty unique to Fallout 4 and I think I would really enjoy making it. I also decided to make the laser rifle because it captures a lot of what Fallout 4 is.

Then I gathered reference for my terrain textures, so I have a better idea of what kind of textures to make:





In this next upcoming week I plan on creating the high poly model for the gun and hopefully I'll get started making the lower poly as well. I want the gun to look as close to the game as I can get it, so I plan on spending a lot of time on it.

Comments

Popular Posts